One of the amazing benefits with working with a Chantel Ray Real Estate agent is ability to give back to your choice of approved church or charity. So what does that mean?
When you buy or sell a home with our agents, we will give 10% of our profits from the closing to the church or pre-approved organization of your choice. The purpose of this program is to make the biggest impact within our community to either a Christian based church or an organization that contributes to humanitarian efforts for our friends and neighbors in need. There are a few requirements that CRCares.org will consider before approving an organization. Requirements are listed below.
So how do you start the process?
There are three steps that you will need to complete in order to qualify for the donation. (We recommend bookmarking this page so you can refer to it when you need to).
Step 1: Your organization needs to be pre-approved with CRCares.org. You can check out a list of already pre-approved churches or charities by clicking here (new window). If your organization is already listed, you can skip to the next step. If you don’t see your church or charity on this list, you can fill out the form here to nominate them for the pre-approval process.
Step 2: Before you put on offer in on a house, you as the client (not the client agent) need to submit the following form in order to request the donation. Click here to submit a request.
Step 3: After the closing of the property, you need to submit a Request for Donation within 10 days.
Donations are made within 30 days after transaction has been approved and will be made on behalf of Chantel Ray and you, the client.
How does a Charity get selected to be on the approved list of $1,000 donations for the Charity of your choice?
When distributing the $1000 , Chantel Ray Real estate pays CR CARES, then CR Cares pays the $1000 to the church or charity of someone’s choice. But the church or charity must match the mission of CRCares.org.
The CRCares.org Board reviews every request but as a 501(c)(3) we have a specific mission.
We support local churches and faith based organizations to assist people in need and help them grow closer to God.
We have limited funds so we have to be very selective.
For example, we love animals and sports, etc. but do not financially support those types of charities through CR CARES. Although we support and value the SPCA, little league, Goodwill, Salvation army, Red Cross, American Cancer Society, City events etc., they don’t align with the mission of CR Cares.
Here are some examples that we have already donated to and have been approved by CR CARES.
- Pin ministry
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- 99 for the 1 Homeless program
- Wave city Care
- Young Life
- Sonrise Music Festival
- Safehouse Project
- Night of Hope
- Recovery for Life
- Operation smile
- Compassion International
- Triple R Ranch
- Virginia Beach Justice Initiative
- Aid Now
- Coaster Coffee
- Judeo Christian Outreach
- Samaritans Purse
- Shining Light Homes Ministries
In order for an organization to qualify for the $1000 charity of your choice, the charity must be
- An established organization that is local and is a 501(C)(3) charity
- Faith based Christian organization
- Low overhead organization with the majority of all funds going towards helping people in need
- Approved by the board of directors of CR Cares
- Willing to disclose profit and loss statements to CR CARES board
- Requested by a client of Chantel Ray Real estate, not an agent of Chantel Ray Real Estate
- In order to make the biggest impact on our community, we want to make sure we give money to organizations that have low overhead. We also do not donate to charities with very large
- overhead budgets, where a small percentage of the money actually goes towards helping the people.