If you wish to get your deal posted, please click here.
Choosing the right time to list doesn’t have to be seasonal…
Yes, spring is the busiest season for real estate agents, BUT people buy homes 365 days a year. If you’re selling your home, we’ll teach you how to emphasize the amenities that will help sell your home-no matter WHAT the season.
Selling Tips: Play up your school district, the safety of your local community, and the modern conveniences that make your home accessible to your target market. Curb appeal is everything, do some spring cleaning, and box up the bulky winter clothing (and Christmas decorations).
Selling Tips: Highlight the local amenities that encourage fun in the sun, create your own outdoor oasis including a space to get some refuge from the direct sun, and don’t skimp on the AC.
Selling Tips: Keep your lawn in shape and well-manicured, start an herb garden or update your flower beds with vibrant fall colors, decorate for the fall seasons inside and out, and keep your walkways well-lit as the sun will be setting sooner than expected
Selling Tips: Clear away any snow or ice, decorate with large winter wreaths, and strategically place scents that help encourage the feeling of home. Make sure that you also turn on the fireplace, and keep your windows clean!
I hope you have found these tips valuable! If you’d like even more tips on how to sell your home faster and for top dollar, download our free sellers guide below!
Fun things to do in Virginia Beach!
When people are moving to the area, we are often asked, “What fun things are there to do in Virginia Beach?” We have compiled several fun activities below for you to check out!
For the kids:
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center: This is a great place for kids! There are many exhibits for them to see as well as hands on exhibits where they can touch the animals. They will get to see everything from sharks, turtles, fish of all varieties and even a sea turtle nursery! The museum always has activities going on providing a great learning experience for the little ones. They also have an IMAX theater where you can see special movies on the larger than life screen. This is a must visit!
- Ocean Breeze Water Park: This water park as everything for kids of ALL ages. It has several rides, a kiddie play area, lazy river and with its giant wave pool, everyone can have fun! It also has a motor park that includes go carts – which is great for a full day of fun!
- Mount Trashmore: What was once a giant landfill pile has now become a major attraction in Virginia Beach. This park encompasses 165 acres and boasts a large play area for children. The hills themselves will give hours of fun, but there is also 2 ponds, walking trails, and a skate park. You won’t want to miss this!
For the adults:
- Parasailing: Get to see the entire oceanfront from high in the sky as you parasail over the Atlantic Ocean. This is a great way to beat the heat of the summer and get a birdseye view of the city. Make sure you keep your eyes open – you may see a pod of dolphins swimming beneath you!
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk: There is so much to see along the Virginia Beach boardwalk. It is lined with restaurants and shops of all kinds. You can hop on a bike or take a stroll. During summer evenings, there is often entertainment on the boardwalk with makes for a nice night out with friends!
- Sportfishing/Deep Sea Fishing: Being located on the Atlantic Ocean has its advantages. You can hop on a boat right here in Virginia Beach and head off the coast to catch some fish. Depending on which charter you choose, you may score a swordfish or tuna!
For all ages:
- Beach: Here in Virginia Beach, we are blessed with miles and miles of beach! Pick your favorite spot along the oceanfront or bay and enjoy a day in the sun! The sky is the limit, but the kids are sure to have fun building a sand castle.
- Back Bay Wildlife Refuge: Jump in a kayak or hike the trails of Sea Shore State Park, the views will be breathtaking! This is a great way to get up close and personal with the wildlife here in Virginia Beach!
Top 5 things that can go wrong with closing?
5. Walkthrough – you go to do your walkthrough before closing to make sure that everything is as it was when you signed the purchase agreement and any items that you asked to be repaired have been repaired. You get there and find out the stove doesn’t work, the seller took the refrigerator that they agreed to sell and none of the repairs we done. This will definitely hold up closing trying to get all of this sorted out. Money will need to be placed in escrow to cover any issues that still need to be fixed and deadlines will have to be extended.
What are the downsides to buying a rehabbed home?
You don’t know who the contractor is that rehabbed the house. Did they do a good job on the repairs or did they just do the bare minimum to make the place “look” new using cheap materials and labor. Was only cosmetic work done or were the major systems repaired too? The other disadvantage is that you don’t have any control over the repairs. They have already been done for you. If you buy a fixer upper, then you can make sure the work is done properly and to your liking.
What are the problems with New Construction?
Our buyer’s agents will be able to walk you through the process and help you get a great deal!