If you wish to get your deal posted, please click here.
WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD: Alanton, Virginia Beach
WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
The McLaren Team with Chantel Ray Real Estate is our Alanton -Virginia Beach, neighborhood expert! 📲(757) 235-1199
VIEW Alanton homes available ➡️ http://bit.ly/alantonneighborhood
Interested in selling your home? Curious to see if your home has risen in price? Get a FREE valuation and find out!
Open House Schedule – October 20-21, 2018
Hampton Roads Open House Schedule October 20-21, 2018. Come and visit us this weekend!
October 20, 2018
12pm-2pm . 124 Lewis Dr, York County
12pm – 2pm 4633 Miles Standish Rd, Virginia Beach
1pm – 4pm 410 Bertha Ln, Portsmouth
2pm- 4pm 4841 Pleasant Ave, Norfolk
2pm – 4pm 533 Englewood Dr, Virginia Beach
2pm – 4pm 809 Bishop Ct, Newport News
3pm – 5pm 3117 Crestwood Ln, Virginia Beach
October 21, 2018
10am – 12pm 606 Kanawah Rn, York County
11am – 1pm 8 Pasadena Ct, Hampton
12pm – 2pm 1808 Windy Ridge Pt, Virginia Beach
1pm – 3pm 2208 Chesterfield Loop, Chesapeake
1pm – 3pm 14 Kenan Ct, Hampton
2pm – 4pm 4633 Miles Standish Rd, Virginia Beach
For more information on this weekends open houses, you can contact us directly! See you this weekend!
Interested in selling your home too?
Curious to see if your home has risen in price? Get a FREE valuation and find out!
The Pros and Cons of New Construction Homes – Chantel Ray Real Estate Podcast
Do feel weird about buying a house that other people have already lived in? Or maybe you’re just ready to build a dream home YOUR way?
In this podcast episode our Principal Broker John McLaren and incredible agent Jimmy Ray breakdown what you should know about new construction homes and the benefits of buying almost new homes.
If you’re looking to buy a home, we would love to help you start the process.
Fun things to do in Virginia Beach!
When people are moving to the area, we are often asked, “What fun things are there to do in Virginia Beach?” We have compiled several fun activities below for you to check out!
For the kids:
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center: This is a great place for kids! There are many exhibits for them to see as well as hands on exhibits where they can touch the animals. They will get to see everything from sharks, turtles, fish of all varieties and even a sea turtle nursery! The museum always has activities going on providing a great learning experience for the little ones. They also have an IMAX theater where you can see special movies on the larger than life screen. This is a must visit!
- Ocean Breeze Water Park: This water park as everything for kids of ALL ages. It has several rides, a kiddie play area, lazy river and with its giant wave pool, everyone can have fun! It also has a motor park that includes go carts – which is great for a full day of fun!
- Mount Trashmore: What was once a giant landfill pile has now become a major attraction in Virginia Beach. This park encompasses 165 acres and boasts a large play area for children. The hills themselves will give hours of fun, but there is also 2 ponds, walking trails, and a skate park. You won’t want to miss this!
For the adults:
- Parasailing: Get to see the entire oceanfront from high in the sky as you parasail over the Atlantic Ocean. This is a great way to beat the heat of the summer and get a birdseye view of the city. Make sure you keep your eyes open – you may see a pod of dolphins swimming beneath you!
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk: There is so much to see along the Virginia Beach boardwalk. It is lined with restaurants and shops of all kinds. You can hop on a bike or take a stroll. During summer evenings, there is often entertainment on the boardwalk with makes for a nice night out with friends!
- Sportfishing/Deep Sea Fishing: Being located on the Atlantic Ocean has its advantages. You can hop on a boat right here in Virginia Beach and head off the coast to catch some fish. Depending on which charter you choose, you may score a swordfish or tuna!
For all ages:
- Beach: Here in Virginia Beach, we are blessed with miles and miles of beach! Pick your favorite spot along the oceanfront or bay and enjoy a day in the sun! The sky is the limit, but the kids are sure to have fun building a sand castle.
- Back Bay Wildlife Refuge: Jump in a kayak or hike the trails of Sea Shore State Park, the views will be breathtaking! This is a great way to get up close and personal with the wildlife here in Virginia Beach!
How hard is it to get pre-approved?
Most people think getting pre-approved for a home loan is a long drawn out process that takes forever – which isn’t true! You can get pre-approved over the phone in 15 minutes. They will ask for a few pieces of information that will give them the information they need to issue a pre-approval.
Once pre-approved and you are under contract with a home, the actual approval process takes place. This is where they will collect information from you like pay stubs, tax returns and bank statements to fill in the gaps they need from the pre-approval process. Once all of the information is received, the loan goes to underwriting where they make sure you qualify for the loan and all of the documents are in place to purchase the home. They may ask for a few other items, but this is almost the end of the process. Once the loan comes out of underwriting, the loan gets the clear to close and you can move forward to close on the home. The entire process from going under contract to closing takes 30-45 days – depending on the type of loan.
But to be pre-approved – that only takes 15 minutes of your time!